Saturday, July 20, 2013

Six years later...in Swizterland.

Hi friends,

It's been a long and adventure-filled, rocky 6 years since my last posts from Togo.  I've had several requests to recommence my blogging, and I've finally decided that it's time.  This blog helped me keep sane the last time around, and I'm at a point in my Summer work and travels that it seems like a good idea.  Facebook just isn't fulfilling enough.  My journal mostly sits alone pressing alpian flowers in my room.  Skype is great for personal connections.  But I urge to write, and I said that I would start again this Summer...so here goes.  I will also post some photos as I go along.


I just returned from our 2 night "leisurely" vacation in between sessions here at the American School in Switzerland.  And i've got to say, I love my Appalachian Mountains and Skyline Drive, but they've got nothing next to the drive along the mountain passes, including historic Gotthard to Interlaken and Lauerbrunnen, where 16 of us and my friend Livia went for our hiking, eating, dancing adventure.  We had a "pretend" wedding and bachelorette party that got the party going at the Base jumper's pub in Lauterbrunnen....  Followed by an incredible day of alpine hiking, picnicing, local cheese tasting and waterfall adventures.  (Pictures to come).

I'm running off to a meeting, but this has been fun and I plan on keeping it up.

Much love, peace and understanding to all.

No comments: